- PhD in information retrieval, Data mining, Machine learning, NLP, Statistics, Vision or related areas
- Programming experience in either Python or JAVA
- Strong understanding of one of probability-statistics/optimization/linear algebra
- Experience working on commercial search/recommendation engines or publishing in top conferences like SIGIR, KDD, WSDM, NIPS, ACL etc.
- Experience with techniques like text retrieval models, click models, learning to rank, explore exploit, reinforcement learning, deep learning etc.
- Experience with big data technologies such as hive, hadoop, spark etc.