The Agile Coach will be responsible for working with business and IT teams across the company that are interested in implementing Agile methods for project delivery. This position requires an experienced Coach with a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with Agile Methods, including Scrum, XP practices and preferably exposure to IBM’s Disciplined Agile Delivery. This individual will be responsible for the delivery of training and the day-to-day coaching needed to transition traditional development teams to Agile, as well as continue to mature existing Agile processes and teams at Freddie Mac. Scope of training and coaching includes team organization/self-management, Scrum, and Agile engineering (DevOps) practices.
This role will also be involved in the continuous maturation of Freddie Mac’s Agile practices, as well as various tactical support for the Enterprise Agile Practice organization.
* Embody and model the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of Agile principles and provide agile enterprise coaching by working across organizations to provide: education to all levels (stakeholder, team and executive), help remove impediments to agility, promote agile engineering practices and tools, etc.
* Patiently help experienced managers and executives transition successfully from traditional management techniques to forecasting and agile metrics
* Embody and illustrate the benefits and behaviors of servant leadership
* Ensure cross-team coordination and improve team Agile processes within the scope of our charter
* Strengthen organization’s Agile practices by actively contributing to the company’s Agile Community of Interest and other Agile-related forums
Embedded Team Agile Coaching
* Act as an Agile Coach for approximately 1-3 Agile software delivery teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards learning Agile and improving the way they work
* Provide instruction and classroom based training to Product Owner, Scrum Master, and delivery team members in the area of Agile software principles and practices with a focus on Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) which includes XP and Scrum
* Foster a collaborative, yet disciplined culture within the Agile team and help them embrace the ‘whole team’ concept
* Assess the Agile maturity and skill-growth for teams and provide training, coaching and feedback as required
* Assist the Scrum Master and Product Owner with product backlog refinement
* Encourage the maintenance of relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
* Coach, mentor, and positively influence other Scrum Masters beyond your teams. Ensure that your Coaching, practices and responses are consistent across the teams (and other Coaches)
* Identify Agile people, process and technology issues and communicate to project leadership and the Enterprise Agile Practice, as necessary, during the period of the coaching assignment.
* Work peer-to-peer with a team of other experienced Agile Coaches to create consistency between key coaching messages and to improve coordination between Agile teams
* Eight or more years of direct experience in one or more aspects of Information Technology (Software design/ development, IT Architecture or other related IT areas)
* Five or more years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or member of an Agile delivery team, preferably in a variety of situations
* Three or more years of hands-on experience as an Agile Coach, preferably with large organizations. Experiences limited to coaching as a Scrum Master are insufficient
* College Degree or equivalent work experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Mastery of facilitation skills
* Effective coaching and mentoring skills
* Ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous, fast paced environment where priorities shift rapidly
* Ability to operate independently within established methodologies, procedures and guidelines
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify win-win solutions
* Effective influence, collaboration and negotiation skills
* Background leading Agile Transformation activities and Organization(al) Change
* Certified Scrum Professional or Certified Scrum Coach (preferred)
* Familiarity with agile engineering (DevOps) and automation tools such as Git, Cucumber, Selenium, Jenkins and Docker
* Hands-on VersionOne tool experience preferred
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.