FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Finance and Administration Manager
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of the LINKAGES Djibouti Finance and Administration Manager for the USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program. LINKAGES is implemented by FHI 360 in more than 25 countries, in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES accelerates the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
• Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
• Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
• Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
• Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
• Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
• Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Djibouti Finance and Administration Manager will oversee sound financial management, subgrant management and overall administration of LINKAGES Djibouti project. S/He will also provide financial technical assistance and develop the capacity of partner organizations in the country. S/he will ensure the achievement of all financial control and performance objectives in accordance with requirements of FHI 360, LINKAGES, and USAID.
The position will be based in Djibouti City, Djibouti. Djibouti nationals and candidates currently based in the region are encouraged to apply. Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
• Review and analyze monthly financial reports regarding budgets, both actual and forecast. Directs and manages the program budget in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
• Provide recommendations to and consults with, management on the financial health of the project.
• Provides leadership and support for all financial management areas including, accounting, payments, reporting systems and procedures. Coordinates with related staff to ensure that project budgets, accounting and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively.
• Responsible for all financial reporting including annual VAT and PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis; quarterly accruals (separation and country-specific) and tracking subaward monitoring.
• Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of the bi-weekly financial reports/field expenses prepared for submission to FHI 360 HQ and upload into the financial system. . Ensures that included are the balance sheet and bank account reconciliations, petty cash counts and expatriate allowance reports.
• Responsible for the maintenance of adequate financial resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements by submitting timely the monthly advance request to HQ.
• Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360, LINKAGES and USAID.
• Oversees the pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and guides the subproject budget development with country office staff.
• Oversees the monitoring and review of subproject financial reports to ensure compliance with subproject budgets and FHI 360 and LINKAGESpolicies and USAID rules and regulations. Ensures that each invoice is uploaded into the Subaward Tracking (SAT) database.
• Provide support to the internal audit functions.
• Supervise the finance and administration staff members if any.
• Participates and contributes to the overall mission of FHI 360.
Skills and Experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls, and financial information systems.
• Well versed in Djibouti laws and regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls.
• Has familiarity and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (AS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
• Sound knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated project management and supervisory skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.