About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at
SUMMARY: The Quality Supervisor will develop, maintain and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedure. The incumbent will provide expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, regulatory and/or governmental regulations, and agency guidelines to assure compliance and work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, process control analyses or audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications. The individual will manage the quality function by providing work direction for quality engineers and various levels of inspectors and interact regularly with engineering, manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standards for raw material,work in process and finished goods.
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent..
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
- Lead ISO process and continuous improvement and quality assurance projects.
- Improve product consistency.
- Provide project management and technical leadership.
- Lead cross-functional team on projects. Communicate and work with all levels of the organization. Manage a large multi-function program or a set of projects.
- Interact with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Responsibility for quality assurance efforts for assigned area.
- Achieve maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best value.
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the barriers to delivering competitive advantage via global size and scale.
- Develop, analyze and manage quality expenses.
- Provide leadership to select local and/or global quality initiatives.
- Develop and execute appropriate business plans/multi-generation product plans to identify trends, opportunities for marketplace advantage and new ideas for products, processes and services. Direct quality assurance activities.
- Develop quality Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for assigned area and confirm linkage to global business strategies.
- Lead benchmarking of quality-related topics in support of divisional goals.