Director of Procurement
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-focused work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to lead the development of a purchasing department in our fast growing company. Our ideal candidate must be business-minded and analytically savvy with a passion for working in a collaborative environment.
• Develop and implement a procurement department and processes from the ground up that will deliver significant cost savings and create efficiencies across the organization for all indirect goods.
• Develop, Communicate and Execute on a phased strategy to transition purchasing of indirect products from departments to a centralized procurement unit. Indirect products to include but not limited to selling supplies, product packaging, marketing collateral and print materials, office supplies, distribution supplies
• Identify, communicate and report on cost savings targets and KPIs.
• Cultivate relationships with vendors and utilize network to source suppliers to meet cost, quality and service objectives.
Collaborative Business Partner & Leader
• Be the primary point of contact between the business units and its suppliers.
• Partner cross functionally to understand existing purchasing activities and suppliers.
• Partner cross functionally to identify purchasing needs to ensure timely and accurate ordering, delivery and inventory levels.
• Build out and lead a procurement team.
Sourcing Strategy & Vendor Management
• Develop and execute sourcing strategies across multiple indirect product categories.
• Utilize network to identify new sourcing opportunities, domestically and internationally with a goal of cost savings and service efficiency.
• Negotiate contracts, policies and delivery dates with suppliers and vendors.
• Monitor pricing for all supplies to forecast expenses and optimize suppliers.
• Forecast supply needs based on revenue and business forecasts.
• Participate in budgeting/forecasting process for indirect supplies expense.
• Manage production and flow of supplies and collateral and partner with distribution and departments for allocation and timely arrival/delivery of all supplies.
• Develop policies for internal purchasing requests and communication flow.
• Understand business needs and objectives to develop and execute strategies for purchasing that will meet operational goals.
• Prepare and process purchase orders and maintain documentation of orders and invoices.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• 10+ years of experience in purchasing and sourcing for indirect products. Some print and/or print media purchasing preferred.
• Passion for Kendra Scott Culture & Brand
• Proven ability to balance business results with the core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy.
• Experience in management positions with the ability to influence people and processes in a manner that enriches company culture and business objectives.
• Passion for leading change, strategic thinking and prioritization
• Confidence in decision making in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Customer driven focus with a creative solutions driven mindset.
• Ability to communicate successfully to various levels including Executive, Peer, Manager and Vendor groups.
• Proven ability to create a function from the ground up with capacity to be both strategic thinker and executer in the preliminary to mid stages of department development.
• Proven excellence in communication and negotiation skills.
• Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management preferred.
• Some travel may be required. Division Home Office Location Home Office City Austin State Texas Zip Code 78756 Removal Date 30-Jun-2018