The Design Engineer-Electronics will be based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. This position will assist in the design, development, testing, and release to production of automotive electronic modules and systems. Plus, this role will provide technical leadership and support during the Request for Proposal (RFP) activities by working with other team members, including: sales, purchasing, and manufacturing.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Use technical knowledge and experience to assist in evaluating customer requests for quote (RFQ).
- Assist in reviewing customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet both Flex capabilities and customers’ specifications.
- Participate in quoting activities, in close cooperation with sales, purchasing, manufacturing plants and personnel from other Flex design centers.
- Participate in the design and development of new products. Assume engineering responsibility of design tasks during all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Conduct testing and evaluate test results. Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations. Interact with customer and suppliers to resolve system issues.
- Participate in customer and internal technical design reviews. Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacture-ability and cost
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of both, high and detailed level technical presentations to customers, suppliers and internal Flex teams.
- Provide technical input and insight to team members and management for appropriate decision making.
- Identify and follow appropriate technological activities in other Flex design centers around the globe. Create working relationships with global Flex engineering resources.
- Adhere to established Flex product development procedures and processes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate and required product documentation, including customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Investigate and remain abreast of technological advancements and industry trends in automotive electronic systems.
- Work with minimal instruction and guidance. Exercise independent judgement in decision making within defined procedures and acceptable limits.
- Travel as needed to support customers, suppliers and Flex manufacturing plants
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering, electronics or related fields.
- Five (5) years or more experience in product development activities.
- Recent hands-on experience in actual circuit design.
- Experience in all aspects of Design & Development of Automotive Electronic Controllers.
- Working knowledge of circuit simulation, WCCA, DFMEA and EMC.
- High level of analytical ability and trouble-shooting where problems are unusual and complex.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences…
- MS is preferred
- Experience in design of automotive electronics is preferred
- Experience in exterior automotive lighting is preferred.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Design & Technology
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.