Senior Regulatory Counsel Asia Pacific
Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest and most diverse healthcare companies in the world. Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies comprises amongst others:
• The world’s sixth-largest consumer health company
• The world’s most comprehensive medical devices business
• The world’s sixth-largest biologics company
• And the world’s fifth-largest pharmaceuticals company
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Regulatory Legal Counsel - ASPAC will provide regulatory legal support to the J&J business across the Asia Pacific region, dealing with a complex and broad variety of issues.
Her/his scope of work will include:
- Scoping out the regulatory legal needs for the region.
- Developing a legal network to address those regulatory legal needs within the region. This will be a mix of working with existing in-house legal resources and establishing a network of trusted regulatory legal outside counsel experts.
- Developing legal support processes to address cross-regional issues and recurring questions.
- Being the key legal contact for various functional groups on regulatory matters across the region, notably Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Medical Affairs, Medical Safety, Governmental Affairs & Policy, Health Care Compliance.
- Focusing on the developing regulatory regimes across the region and where possible working with stakeholders to drive regulatory convergence, i.e. consistency in the types of requirements that are expected and remove bureaucratic requirements that have no scientific or medical relevance, to ultimately facilitate and accelerate the placing on the market of our products.
- Establishing connections within the key trade associations in the region.
- Being an issue spotter, establishing connections and acting as a practical problem solver.
The Senior Regulatory Legal Counsel – ASPAC will be a member of the J&J Law Department and part of the broader ASPAC legal team. The role will report to the Group Leader of the international regulatory legal team within the Global Regulatory Law Group.
The Senior Regulatory Legal Counsel – ASPAC will be a self-starter and shall successfully work in “virtual” teams and cross-functional working groups. She/he is expected to build effective relationships with the functional business clients and shall partner with the other J&J attorneys present in the region and globally.
A successful candidate will be localized in Singapore, and should be prepared to travel across the region. Occasional travel outside the region (including the US) is also envisaged.Qualifications
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in regulatory legal work in the life sciences industry, acquired in:
• an international law firm or consulting/lobbying services organization,
• and/or legal department of an international corporation in the healthcare industry.
Experience with US regulatory environment is considered an asset.
Law degree, obtained with excellent results. Supplementary degree or LLM is considered an asset.
Excellent written and oral English; other languages are considered an asset.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)Job Function
Corporate LawRequisition ID