Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone is a world leader in developing innovative tire technologies. Continuing investment in research and development has resulted in game-changing new products like winter tires with more bite and better grip, fuel-efficient tires with that enhance fuel economy and safety innovations like the next-generation run-flat tires. Bridgestone manufactures world-class tires for nearly every kind of vehicle, from a kart tire that stands only 10 inches high to a 13-foot-tall giant radial for earth-moving equipment. In addition, Bridgestone is also recognized internationally for producing a variety of other products, including building and industrial materials, natural rubber, and industrial fibers and textiles.
Bridgestone is committed to being a good corporate citizen. Since 1952, the Bridgestone Americas Trust Fund has contributed millions annually in support of causes that champion children’s issues, education and environmental conservation. Bridgestone Americas continues to look for opportunities to educate all drivers about driving safety including initiatives such as Teens Drive Smart and Car Care Academies.
The mission of Bridgestone is “Serving Society with Superior Quality”
• The company aspires to offer the best for customers and to society, not only in terms of our products, services and technology, but in all of our corporate activities.
• The commitment to quality stems not from want of profit, but out of a passion for improving the safety and lives of people everywhere.
• Through this mission, Bridgestone strives to be a company trusted by the world - a company in which all of us can take great pride.
The foundation of the company is centered on four basic values
• “Seijitsu-Kyocho” [Integrity and Teamwork]
• “Shinshu-Dokuso” [Creative Pioneering]
• “Genbutsu-Genba” [Decision-Making Based on Verified, On-Site Observations]
• “Jukuryo-Danko” [Decisive Action after Thorough Planning]
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Bridgestone was established in 1931. Today the company has global revenues of $33 billion and employs over 140,000 associates globally. The Bridgestone Group has over 180 manufacturing plants and R&D facilities in 25 countries and sells products in more than 150 countries worldwide. The Americas Region drives $15 billion in revenue.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership to the Treasurer in defining and executing the strategic objectives domestically and internationally. The Bridgestone Americas treasury group consists of 20 treasury and risk management professionals. This person will mainly focus on capital markets, funding, and liquidity planning for Bridgestone Americas.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or economics.
• Previous leadership experience of professionals.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), CFA, and/or MBA are preferred.
• 10+ years Treasury and Finance with relevant experience and developing leadership positions.
• Capital planning, liquidity, capital markets, and funding experience at a Fortune 500 global multinational.
• Excellent presentation and communication.
• Excellent ability needed to multi-task.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Quantitative analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Business and financial acumen. Organizational and leadership skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations to Executive level leadership.
• Ability to lead collaboratively across functional/organizational boundaries.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES / CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Leadership and Influencing: The Assistant Treasurer will bring seasoned business judgment, senior-level stature and a passion for execution and improving decision support across the enterprise by: Effectively articulating a strategic vision and rallying support behind it. Collaborating and aligning decision making with other finance partners throughout the Bridgestone Americas footprint. Having a strong sense of values, character and personal integrity while exhibiting a long-term business building focus. Effectively presenting and interacting with finance, and business leaders as needed. Being comfortable operating in a flat, fast-paced management structure and capable of challenging in a balanced, constructive way, offering solutions and improvements. Our ideal candidate is results-oriented, with a track record of accomplishing objectives in a complex, competitive business environment.
• Operational Excellence and Project Management: This individual will be a capital markets oriented strategic business partner who leverages superior finance acumen. He or she will have: A history of a strong cross functional relationships based on expertise, intellect, and a direct, open and candid style. Experience leading an effective treasury organization and providing value adding business insight and perspective based on analysis of financial and operating data. Successful track record of managing multiple concurrent projects to successful outcomes in a decentralized environment. Takes ownership mentality with a bias for action and advancing projects through proactive communication with constituents, identifying, prioritizing, and reprioritizing the key challenges to execution. The ability to collaborate cross functionally and provide “value add” and “actionable” insights to move the ball forward. Continuously examine opportunities for sustainable cash management strategies and operational efficiencies.
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Keen ability to patiently navigate a complex global company.
• Impeccable integrity; words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic.
• Exceptional communication skills; experience in effectively interacting with senior executives and line management at all levels. Credible, persuasive and clear in both oral and written presentations.
• Effective interpersonal skills; must be able to relate to, influence, and work cross-functionally with a wide variety of professionals globally.
• Exhibits a high level of commitment to successful completion of tasks, and enjoys engaging in strategic discussions about capital markets treasury best practices.
• A leader accustomed to a high performance fast paced culture in an open and friendly environment.
• A humble individual with a diplomatic and intuitive management style.
• A leader who fosters a high level of collaboration, is inclusive and empowering to the team.