ORACLE'S GLOBAL IT TEAM
Provide IT Field Services Support in a fast paced dynamic environment with a strong emphasis on Apple product support. Strong advocate for customer satisfaction requiring strong, consistent, high-quality interpersonal relationship and technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide client services and end-user support; respond to user requests and problems; troubleshoot, research, and provide solutions for all issues; implement special projects and solutions as requested by users and department heads.
· Install and configure all required applications; research and troubleshoot problems relating to these applications; upgrade all software applications as needed.
· Determine image configuration requirements; standardize the setups and user environments of all Macintosh computers where possible.
· Create, maintain and update master hard drive images of complete Macintosh system setups, including operating system installations and configuration, application installations and serializations, Oracle network setup and configuration email setup, printer setup, internet access, and remote access; deploy these images regularly on new and rotated computers using a combination of Apple Software Restore, Net Restore and UNIX command-line scripts.
· Facilitate all Apple warranty repairs; maintain Apple Care accounts on all Macintosh computers; handle all relations with Apple, including the delivery and repair of all malfunctioning in-warranty computers.
· Maintain and update inventory database of all department computers and computer-related equipment; keep track of all assets, serial numbers, purchase dates, and location of all assets.
· Perform weekly (or as needed) operating system upgrades, including applying security patches, updating operating system modules and components, installing bug fixes, and updating virus protection software; optimize and fine-tune all operating system installations for optimal performance, speed and network throughput
· Install, Configure, Maintain and update OSX operating system and application inventory.
· Repair damaged or faulty hardware, replace computer parts as needed, perform diagnostic testing on faulty hardware, order all needed replacement computer parts. Serve as liaison between Oracle and Apple on all covered/warranty issues.
· Procure new hardware and software as required; work with internal Oracle ordering processes to bring assets in based on business requirements.
· Provide client support and technical issue resolution in person as well as via email, phone and other electronic means (video conferencing, Oracle Social Network).
· Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications, referring them to knowledge base and online resources for more in depth answers.
· Participate in continual service improvement on operational issues in client computer systems.
· Able to work in a team environment as well as working independently in a dynamic environment is required.
light lifting 40lbs.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
· Strong interest in technology, particularly Apple products, and agility at learning new products and features.
· Ability to deliver great customer experiences in any environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
· Apple Certified Technician
· Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers.
· Experience with Apple/PC related creative design, web, print, and video applications
· Proficient with setting up and troubleshooting with remote protocols such as ssh, rdp, vnc or sftp.
· Experience with Enterprise backup application as well as Time Machine backup.
· Experience with PKI and/or encryption, virtual systems, RAIDS.
· Experience with Apple Script and Java Script.
· Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications (video conferencing, Oracle Social Network).
· Experience with Patch management and monitoring tools.
· Proficiency in supporting Apple OS and Windows OS as well as staple applications such as MS Office, Adobe CC, Apple Mail app.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are subject to change as technical scope evolves. Additional desired technical qualifications include:
· 8+ years of experience in a service support environment
· Completion of senior level IT related technical certification/program
· Working knowledge of PC/laptop hardware architecture
· Advanced knowledge of Mac and Windows
· Knowledge of LANs, broadband and remote access technologies
· Knowledge of Oracle software product installations
· Project Management experience
· ITIL Fundamentals
Education and/or Experience:
BS or equivalent, MS preferred. Three - six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
As a member of this fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company, work with the team to deliver real time 24x7 enterprise-wide technical support for internal and/or external customers. This includes, but is not limited to: user support of business applications, troubleshooting of technical problems and acting as a liaison between customers and resolving groups.
As a member of the Help Desk, solve specific, complex technical problems to provide and apply real time solutions in the areas of 'Email problems and functionality questions 'Network printer problems(stopping/starting queue, usage) 'Data Communication/Networking troubleshooting 'Remote network dial in access-PPP and Serial 'PC configuration and network configuration 'Oracle Base Image laptop support Innovate and document new methods and procedures as needed. Verify procedures are being followed and notify proper resource if they are not in compliance. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provide supervision and training to lower level personnel.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Prefer eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment with a BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Regular Employee Hire