Magic Leap is seeking an experienced software engineer to join the robotics and prototyping team. This individual should be able to quickly internalize complicated systems and engineer solutions to challenging problems. We are a multidisciplinary team so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside electrical, software, and mechanical engineers.
This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering effective solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. An ideal candidate will also be a huge fan of AR/VR technology. The main focus of this role will be to design, prototype, and deliver novel robotics and software solutions to support all Magic Leap teams.
- Work with Magic Leap teams to conceptualize, define, design, build, and test new parts and assemblies
- Design the architectural layout of detailed plastic, 3D printed, and metal components
- Make 3D CAD models, search out materials, components and systems of the product
- Quickly fabricate design iterations in our machine shop using a variety of tools
- Design and run experiments to test concepts and prototypes
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of CAD experience (Creo preferred)
- 5+ years of machine shop/manufacturing experience (3D printers, laser cutter, waterjet, CNC mill, lathe, etc.)
- 3+ years of machine shop/manufacturing experience (3D printers, laser cutter, waterjet, CNC mill, lathe, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability/foundation is a must
- Robotics experience is a plus
- Experience with electromechanical systems is a plus
- Software experience (C++, Java, Python, etc.) is a plus
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of CAD experience (Creo preferred)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.