District Of Columbia
Type of Position
An experienced systems engineer with specific skills in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as it relates to design and deployment of software and custom hardware for high availability/high performance systems, is needed to provide project technical direction and support for existing and new systems. The individual should support an industry-standard systems engineering approach to the design, development, testing & integration, and deployment of such systems. This includes documentation aspects across the organization to facilitate and ensure best practices and company standards are being followed at every stage of the development, test, and deployment cycle. In addition, the individual should provide detailed technical analysis and trade-off studies, including but not limited to, architecture documents, writing technical briefs, requirements, specifications and outlining the methodology for the validation and transition of such enhancements, including test plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for system architecture definition and life cycle management of systems for Sirius XM.
- Responsible for planning system transitions and Operations acceptance for service expansions in support of modified and new initiatives.
- Consult with teams on requirements-driven designs from an end-to-end perspective and ensure team coordination and planning functions.
- Advise on schedules, resources and risks.
- Generate proposal requests and participate in vendor selection process.
- Participate across functional Sirius XM engineering teams with respect to the specification, installation and test of systems associated with the configuration, operations, and network management of the Sirius XM broadcast complex with a common and disciplined approach.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and systems.
- Ensure system documentation is generated and maintained across the various systems and system components, to include architecture documents, Operations concepts, requirements, designs, interface control, test plans, transition plans and others.
- Technical feasibility, design, and trade-off analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, information systems or systems engineering or equivalent experience. Masters level degree in engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software and hardware systems lifecycles.
- Experience working in a 24 X 7, critical operations environment desired.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work by providing 24 X 7, on-call support as needed.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Moderate travel is required within the US and infrequent other international travel.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Functional knowledge of MS Visio and MS Project.
- Knowledge of hardware architecture components including servers, networking components, architectures, and related techniques.
- Good understanding of networking including TCP/IP protocol, routing, and firewall operations.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux-based computer systems, C++, MySQL, JAVA, and windows-based computer programs.
- Basic understanding of RAID and SAN storage solutions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.