Account Executive-New Account Prospects
This role is responsible for driving new account business by successfully researching, prioritizing, penetrating, and closing business with a set of targeted clients not currently doing business with Teradata. To be successful, you must be able to lead a team in leveraging Teradata’s deep expertise and portfolio of products & services to drive significant business value for these prospective clients through the use of data and analytics. This requires being an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization from the C-suite down. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Responsible for developing, setting and maintaining the account strategy for overall engagement with the client
• Leads the direction for the account team; responsible for account planning, business development meetings, managing the selling process and closing sales opportunities
• Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions could be applied and can articulate the business value of these solutions.
• Builds and manages relationships with high-level customer decision makers
• Coordinates overall Teradata engagement with client, involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process
• Maintains knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitive offerings
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proven successful track record of converting new prospects into customers and a willingness to pursue customer through a multi-year selling cycle
• Sales experience with large, complex enterprise customers, particularly with a history of breaking into new accounts
• Customer relationship management experience, particularly with executives and decision makers at C-Level
• Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems
• Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
• Master’s Degree
• Prior experience with Teradata solutions and technologies
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 50% is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
AMS Sales & Services