Tesla is looking for a Sweden-based experienced and dynamic Regional Field Service Technician to work in one of the most progressive companies in the world. We are seeking experienced service technicians with excellent oral and written communication skills to work on our growing Supercharger / Energy storage networks. The Tesla Supercharger and Energy Products are the most advanced in the world. They rely on sophisticated electromechanical systems designed to supply large amounts of power in various applications. Tesla needs a diversely talented and highly mobile technician ready to move quickly with a focus on quality and safety. The primary job is to service, troubleshoot, or upgrade stationary electric vehicle charging equipment and energy storage systems as needed. Applicants should be self-motivated team players with a positive attitude! As stated, this role is based out of Stockholm, Sweden region and will require a significant amount of travel set around the service and upkeep our network.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment within your assigned region, and serve as “first responder” to charging station outages in your area.
- Be ready to travel for extended periods of time covering multiple locations with minimal notice.
- Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug, rework and repair.
- Perform tasks requiring a high level of skill and patience.
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment (including DMMs and oscilloscopes).
- Take responsibility for maintaining an inventory of parts, tools and equipment.
- Organize work, procure necessary parts, plan travel, and complete accurate documentation on repair actions completed.
- Develop and follow best practices and procedures for various maintenance activities.
- Maintain high levels of communication and feedback within the Service organization; prepare daily updates of work completed, problems identified, and future timelines.
- Provide support outside your region and possibly outside the country as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in assembly and/or repair of electro-mechanical components, including systems with medium or high voltages.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on the situation.
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office and cloud-based computing programs. Ability to communicate and function well in a mobile office setting.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
- Must have command of the English and Swedish language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Willingness to work outdoors, on the road, at unusual hours.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Ability to perform daily record keeping and reporting.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Ability to maintain and perform top-level professional integrity and appearance.