PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN - Long Term Care (temporary) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 151233
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
1. Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
2. Provide direct patient care including administering of medications and treatments as prescribed.
3. Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
4. Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
5. Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
6. Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
7. May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Temporary
Hourly compensation starts at: $23.40, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse - Alaska
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Temporary || LONG TERM CARE SVCS
Nearest Major Market: Alaska
Nearest Secondary Market: Anchorage
Job Segment: Nursing, LPN, Medical, Social Media, Patient Care, Healthcare, Marketing