WiFi is the new electricity. It’s the technology we depend on the most; the foundation for the modern home. It makes our favorite experiences come to life, and without it, almost nothing works. At eero, we are developing groundbreaking new core technologies and solving complex problems that have direct impact on customers’ daily lives. Our R&D team is a startup within a startup, highly collaborative, flexible, motivated, and talented.
Data powers the future of eero. As the R&D Data Scientist at eero, you will participate in new product development by bringing analytical and statistical expertise to solve complex and groundbreaking problems. Working closely with our product & engineering leadership, you will dig deep into the largest data set from consumer WiFi networks ever compiled to develop new core technologies and IP that drive the growth and success of eero.
- Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms that will drive eero’s core technology
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to large datasets, focusing on creating models that have high real-world accuracy and low FP/FN rates
- Develop and iterate on polished prototypes to prove and sell concepts to senior leadership, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task
- Collaborate closely with other teams to develop systems that achieve performance targets, from prototyping through production
- Bring an experimental and incremental approach to solving ambiguous and open-ended questions
Sample Problems Using Physical Layer Data
- Optimize placement specific to each home environment.
- Expand signal reach by implementing existing MIMO research.
- Identify congestion or physical obstruction in order to self-rectify the problem or notify the user.
- Curiosity. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers. Geeking out is part of what makes it fun to come to work.
- Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- High level of comfort and familiarity with linear algebra and multidimensional matrices
- Advanced statistics knowledge combined with skills in R, MATLAB, Spark, or Python Pandas
- Have built compelling, intelligible visualizations that convey meaning to technical and nontechnical audiences alike
- At least 1 year of post-graduate experience in academic or industry environment
- PhD or MS degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- 3+ years of work experience in quantitative analysis with a demonstrable product impact
- Experience working with large datasets and Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience accessing large amounts of structured and unstructured data using SQL and Hadoop
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.