The Library Management Facilitator (LMF) will be responsible for providing managerial and logistical support at the school level for the literacy program, including setting up and ensuring a highly functioning library. H/She will report to the Sr. Literacy Program Operations Officer/Literacy Program Officer/Associate and will not have any direct reports. This position is based at project location (District/Block/Mandal/ Cluster).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of Room to Read’s Literacy program design
- Provide managerial and logistical support across assigned literacy program schools.
- Support the process of identification of literacy program sites including community assessment, site verification, community meetings and agreements as required by the program design
- Ensure provisioning of instruction and library materials in the target Literacy program schools in a timely manner including raising requisition and coordinating delivery of furniture, books, stationary and instructional materials
- Collaborate with school to support minor improvements to the library/ grade 1/ 2 classroom space (e.g. painting).
- Undertake school visits every day, except for days when on official travel and leave.
- Regularly observe and model good library management practices and systems to designated librarian (i.e. book display, levelling, check out system, record keeping etc.)
- Interact with parents and community members on a regular basis and support the school in planning and organising literacy events, parent meetings and other community activities
- Participate in library management training when required.
- Coordinate with government authorities to secure necessary approvals and dates for teacher training's
- Collect monitoring data (both regular and periodic, as required) from program schools, ensuring high data quality.
- Provide and support LC in identifying relevant library data for analysis.
- Attend Room to Read’s review meetings at block/district/state level, as required, and complete all programmatic/expense reports on a timely manner.
- Supports donor visits through project demonstration and presentation
- Document best practices and lessons learnt
- Report to the Literacy Program Operations Officer/Associate;
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organisation
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a development project
- Understanding about education issues mandatory; understanding about language and literacy would be an added advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Basic project management and analytical skills
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include thirteenth month bonus, health insurance and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organisation that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries on literacy and gender equality in education.
India - Rajasthan
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled