Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Act as “Strategic Business Partner”, “Advisor” and “Leader” to the organisation in all relevant Legal & Compliance issues. Manage and lead the Legal & Compliance team in the market, ensuring that they are providing the best Legal & Compliance advice, solutions and challenges to enable strategic initiatives, and protecting and enhancing the company’s assets. At all times ensuring a consistent and high standard of all Global Legal & Compliance standards and principles throughout the market.
- Strategically lead and be responsible for the provision of legal services and compliance requirements for the market in accordance with global and local strategies.
- Define the objectives, processes and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Take a pro-active role as member of the Emerging Markets Legal & Compliance senior team in the design and implementation of the Legal & Compliance strategic plan.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with the Market Management Team and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring and developing the local organization. Actively help develop business strategy & initiatives with effective legal and compliance advice, measures, solutions and challenges.
- Ensure and promote cross-functional collaboration and support the ‘One Legal & Compliance team’ philosophy.
- Lead the management, negotiation and resolution of key, complex and high value legal and business issues for client groups within the market.
- Lead selected legal projects and co-ordinate their rollout across all relevant markets.
- Provide expert guidance and advice on key, complex and high value contract law matters.
- Oversea the continual development of proactive and reactive training and learning materials that are applicable and relevant to stakeholders.
- Drive initiatives and efficient legal and compliance processes, in close co-ordination with the MD, management team and in close alignment with the wider Global Legal & Compliance function.
- Drive innovative and value-adding business processes, policies and solutions.
- Acting as the recognised Compliance Officer drive an ethics and compliance culture and ensure all related matters are appropriately handled, including all aspects of communication, education, and the implementation of an effective compliance program.
- Create an environment which promotes and sets the foundation for excellence in execution.
- Create opportunities to act as a coach/mentor for legal and non-legal stakeholders.
- General Counsel Global Sales & EMEA
- Senior Legal Counsel(s) & Legal Counsels – Emerging Markets
- Managing Director – market
- Market Management Team and other senior members of market team
- Global Legal & Compliance functions including IP, Compliance, Group Corporate etc.
- Establish, maintain and develop key relationships with external legal advisors to ensure timely and cost effective legal advice and services are delivered as required. Define procedural and budget requirements in respect of use of external legal support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven commercial and strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Ability to develop and implement strategy.
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure.
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the market, Emerging Markets and the Global Legal & Compliance function.
- An acute sense and experience of legal business management and administration with an ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Expert in contract law, drafting, negotiation and business counselling.
- Ability to work both independently and as the leader of a team, and to manage and prioritise substantial and diverse workloads.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues in a comprehensible manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be fluent in English and Hebrew.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Law degree with local legal professional admission in good standing.
- 8+ years of law firm or corporate counsel experience in general corporate, transactional and commercial law.
- Experience within a multinational company with multi-market teams.