At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Legal Counsel will be part of a highly leveraged team to support the business operations of 3M Thailand. Works splits will be determined based on the candidates’ respective skill sets and aptitude, but the platform will be diverse and could include components of:
- Commercial and transactional – Helping our businesses grow. 3M has 5 major business groups – Industrial, Health Care, Electronics & Energy, Safety & Graphics, Consumer -- 20+ Divisions and over 20,000 products.
- Functional support – For example: Labor & Employment, Regulatory, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Management, Manufacturing Operations, Business Service Operations.
- Compliance – Advancing 3M’s Compliance & Business Conduct program: Building and maintaining a compliance culture; deploying tools & resources; assessing and mitigating risk.
- Subject Matter Expertise -- e.g., Going deeper into Competition Law or E-Commerce or other select Practice Group areas.
- Build the Institution – For example: Contract Management systems, Knowledge Management, Legal Department administration.
Typical Responsibilities in Performance Goals:
1. Lawyering & Client Support in furtherance of Efficient Growth – Working on major bids & tenders. Assisting with structuring alternative business models. Involvement in M&A deals.
2. Lawyering to help protect the Company – Big ticket litigation. High profile investigations. Inquiries by regulators. Product safety issues. In addition to reactive work, we also identify risks up-front and in preventive mode – privacy, labor & employment, cybersecurity, regulatory, competition law enforcement trends.
3. Strategic Planning – Exercising some prioritization and project management. Charters and deliverables for projects or initiatives worked on.
4. Efficiency & Productivity in Legal Services – Contract management. Legal entity simplification. Developing templates or FAQs or Standard Operating Procedures. Governance for marketing materials reviews. Training Delivery Plan and tracking to it. Legal Productivity Metrics. Knowledge Management. Basically, employing a “Lean Thinking Everywhere” mindset.
5. Developing Others & Developing Self – We are a collaborative company culture. We also have a comprehensive Legal Functional Competency guidebook tool. There are many opportunities to hone professional development, for individuals to seize initiative for their development. There are community service and pro bono opportunities.
- Rich experience in advising on Thai law. Around 10 years PQE. Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree.
- Nice to have: Overseas education. Top caliber law firm experience. Experience in-house with a large multi-national corporation.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Agility to learn on the fly. Business acumen. Solutions-orientation. Brings their whole self to issue solving. Strong sense of leadership, integrity, accountability.
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build relationships both within a team and across external departments.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions; excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Attention to detail with excellent time management and multitasking/prioritization abilities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Comfortable with the basics of participating in or managing projects.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Some domestic business travel, and periodic international travel involved
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.