Our Midland, TX office is growing! We are searching for a Mid-Level CADD Designer. Duties for the CADD Designer position include preparation of facility designs and layouts with basic knowledge of technical applications, maintenance, operation and clearance constraints of site civil (including impoundments) and civil/structural for the oil and gas industry.
Designer must have working knowledge of site civil engineering/earthwork design projects. Basic knowledge of one of the following disciplines (knowledge of more than one or all disciplines) is a plus: Piping design, Civil / Structural design and Electrical and Instrument design.
Experience in operation of AutoCAD Civil 3d or similar software is a requirement for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Operate CADD system, stations, plotters, printers and other equipment associated with the production of design packages for the oil and gas industry.
• Work with engineers and designers within the company and with client engineers and designers to develop the design packages associated with oil and gas projects.
• Perform design tasks required for the effective and efficient delivery of purchase and construction level drawing packages under the minimal direction of a senior designer or project manager.
• Conduct or participate in internal drawing and CADD modeling (Civil 3d) design reviews.
• Travel to project job sites as required and verify field surveys, verify site layouts and utilities, site walks, create field sketches for design work back in the office and create redline as built markups.
• Prepare civil engineering design drawings per department and company processes from inception to closure.
• Prepare drawings for compliance to CADD standards, specifications, title block & issue block requirements, and adequately prepare consistent deliverables which represents the design intent and SOW requirements.
• Prepare diagrams or exhibits, using CADD 3D-modeling software (i.e. Civil 3d), as needed for engineering and non-engineering design projects.
• Prepare calculation modeling results, using CADD 3D-modeling software (i.e. Civil 3d), including proposed/existing surface creation and comparisons, earthwork volumes (cut/fill estimations), stage-storage modeling, etc.
• Verify survey data information provided for use, modification or comparison in 3D CADD (Civil 3d) models.
• Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely engineering estimates based on review of SOW documents, specifications and client instructions.
Jun 2, 2017, 12:56:32 PM