Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We’re seeking an experienced interdisciplinary Mobile Software Developer to help us build the mobile versions (iOS and Android) of our cloud based law enforcement software products as well as build a new mobile-first piece of software from scratch. As a member of the Mark43 team, you’ll take ownership of products and features from start to finish. The team will rely on you to make sure our mobile applications meet all the requirements of our customers as well as mobile application stores. As a senior member of our mobile development team, you'll have the freedom to implement your own solutions and have a meaningful impact on our product.
What you can expect to work on
- Leading development of mobile first product modules within our records management platform
- Creating test environments from scratch and building automatic test cases for Android and iOS
- Working closely with product managers and designers to define user requirements and technical constraints
- Develop plans to transition our web-app to be increasingly mobile friendly
What we expect from you
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in Android Development
- Demonstrated experience having shipped one or more mobile applications from start to finish
- Thorough understanding of mobile testing
- Understanding of popular mobile development technologies and the pros/cons of choosing one over the other
- Self-motivated, passionate, and excited to own products from end to end.
- Passion for building the best software for law enforcement.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- An interest in GovTech and the public safety space
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality
What you can expect from us
- Constant collaboration with numerous Mark43 teams, including Engineering, Product, Client Solutions, and Design
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers