Senior Software Engineer, Web Applications
GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document themselves engaged in sport, GoPro has become a mobile storytelling solution that helps the world share itself through immersive content.
GoPro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed
What You Will Do
- Develop elegant yet robust solutions using modern front-end technologies and techniques that enable compelling, seamless and intuitive use of our products
- Build and maintain a suite of web based applications using React, Node, ES2016+, and Docker
- Enhance and maintain our internal frameworks and tools to enable rapid development
- Tackle tough UX problems
- Create delightful user centric experiences with our GoPro design team
- Take ownership of important projects from technical design to implementation
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience building interactive, cloud based components that are designed to serve a diverse, globally scaled, user base
- Development experience using current front-end frameworks like React, AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
- A cross-platform perspective with an in-depth knowledge of mobile first responsive design implementation
- Collaborative experience working with UX designers and Product Managers
- Experience with internationalization (i18n) a plus, but not required
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Your own GoPro Camera (Mounts and accessories included)
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
- Employee commuter shuttles throughout the Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose)
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Paid Time Off Programs
- Medical, Dental & Vision – premiums are fully paid for employees
- Life Insurance & Disability Benefits
- Company 401(K) Match
- LiveHealthy Program - Monthly benefit toward participation in wellness activities
- Awesome wellness program including onsite fitness classes, health screenings, farmers market and more!
- Subsidized onsite cafeteria
- Fully stocked break rooms on each floor!
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”