Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Seegrid currently has an opening for an Applications/Industrial Engineer. The Applications/Industrial Engineer acts as an automation consultant to Seegrid customers, and is responsible for determining requirements, product selection, customer operational recommendations, and proposal generation for potential Seegrid customers. The successful Applications/Industrial Engineer will execute these responsibilities, as well as define best practices, develop training materials, and train partners to execute them. This position supports the Seegrid sales team by assessing customer sites and assisting with customer presentations, and requires day-to-day interaction with sales management, sales, engineering, product development, partners, and customers.
- Support sales staff with the determination of customer requirements and automated material handling solutions using Seegrid products
- Develop clear and concise proposed description of operations and develop professional sales proposals
- Identify and quantify proposed customer benefits
- Create and maintain tools to quantify customer benefits
- Travel to customer sites as needed to study and gather information critical to the overall system
- Develop AutoCAD layout drawings of vision guided vehicle travel routes
- Determine external control requirements for proposed vision guided vehicle systems (i.e. WMS, WCS, ERP, etc.)
- Work with partners to develop a complete solution
- Assist sales team with pre-qualification and technical assessment
- Define and document best practices for these activities, and continuously improve them
- Train other employees and partners and advocate for this process
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in engineering or equivalent work experience as an Applications Engineer in the Material Handling Industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office
- Simulation experience a plus
- 3+ years of pre-sales engineering experience in the Material Handling Systems Industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in manufacturing or warehouse optimization, preferred
- Knowledge of warehouse management system integration with material handling equipment, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate customer needs and problems and translate them into comprehensive sales proposal materials
- Solution minded
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking
- Effective organizational and project management skills to meet deadlines while dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to deal with complexity and change
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective relationships with all levels of the organization, customers and partners
- Self-starter who works well in high pressure situations
- Able to travel 40+% of the time including internationally as needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.