We’re Funding Circle, a company with a mission you can feel good about. We
Help small businesses flourish by providing them with fast and fair
Financing. We help investors thrive by offering them the opportunity to
Make good returns. And together, we help grow the economy. The
Opportunities ahead of us are unbounded. We think big, and if you do too,
Then come join our talented team!
Our mission: To build a better financial world.
- The Business Development Sales Borrower Team is seeking a highly motivated
- And energetic Inbound Sales Development Representative to communicate with
- Small business owners that have expressed interest in a Funding Circle loan
- Both over the phone and through email. This is a sales position that
- Carries the responsibility of handling inbound inquiries from small
- Business borrowers. You will be interacting with hundreds of small
- Business owners on a weekly basis, speaking to them about their business
- Operations, why they need financing, and how a Funding Circle loan can help
- Them achieve their goals.
Bird's eye view of the role:
Communicate with small business owners: Understand the challenges small business owners face in growing their businesses, and explain the benefits of working with Funding Circle compared to other financing sources (both traditional and alternative). Answer general questions from potential and existing small business borrowers via phone and email.
- Prequalify: Determine a borrower's eligibility for a Funding Circle loan
- And ensure our term loan will help them achieve their business goals moving forward.
Outbound calling (80-100 calls per day): Follow up with potential small business borrowers to encourage them to complete a Funding Circle loan application. Confirm that the application has been submitted successfully and serve as the liaison between the borrower and the Account Manager.
Our ideal teammate has:
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience (this is an entry-level position)
- Bachelor’s degree from top tier university with strong track record of leadership and collaboration (recent grads are encouraged to apply)
- Outgoing, positive-energy, and enjoys talking with people (role is heavy phone-based)
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves and dig in to help drive our business forward
Brownie points for:
- Interest in small business and entrepreneurship
- Excitement to get in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries around
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment
- Identification with our mission: “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
Why join us?We offer all of the stuff that folks tend to find important, like a competitive salary, equity, fully-covered health benefits and the like. That said, have you heard about what we’re doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We’re supporting small business, the engine of economic growth
- We’re creating a bigger marketplace where investors can directly connect with businesses
- We’re helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.