Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Quality Assurance Manager
Job Description Summary:
The Quality Manager is responsible for managing the Food Safety and Quality Department, Quality Lab, Audit Process and Food safety/Security at each facility to ensure that quality standards are maintained as required by quality system, management and external regulations. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the QC staff engaged in performing tests required for quality control of processes and products. Constantly focus on reduction of consumer complaints and process improvement. Support quality mission statement, company quality policy and implement continuous improvement under the guidance and direction of the Plant Manager.
Experience – Education (Required):
- Bachelor’s in Food Science, Biology or Dairy Technology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a 3 plus years of people leadership supervisory experience
- SQF Practitioner/HACCP certified, HARPC certification preferred
- Ability to interact with regulatory personnel, including practical audit experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style to create an engaged, motivated and high performing team
- Direct, train, and advise personnel in test procedures and ensure compliance with quality system requirements to deliver safe and quality food products
- Provide technical support to all facilities, to sales staff, and on new projects and products
- Investigate and respond to all quality assurance related consumer complaints; exception report, track complaints to determine if trends are developing
- Analyze monthly consumer complaints analysis and implement timely corrective actions to effectively reduce complaints
- Design, oversee, update, and review HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plan to SQF level
- Provide leadership coordinating Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards (Acts as the SQF Practitioner) certification & maintenance process
- Recommend procedures to correct quality deficiencies at each facility
- Research and recommend new equipment, process and technology to meet with ‘industry best practices’ for improved control of raw materials, in process and finished goods. Train Lab personnel in new equipment
- Develop SOP to operate lab equipment and maintain records. Maintain calibration programs to ensure lab equipment, weighing scales, kettles, temp controllers, gages and other equipment
- Oversee external lab testing and reports as required by SQF and EQMS quality system. Items for external testing include milk, water, LOL products, environmental samples, ingredients, new products and other
- Interact with suppliers on quality issues. Manage SIT process
- Develop and provide quality assurance KPI, scorecards and reports
- Insure that all associates adhere to established FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and food safety policies and procedures
- Establish and monitor laboratory safety programs; review all accident investigations and recommend safety improvement
- Order and manage laboratory supplies
- Inspect and audit suppliers as directed
- Perform monthly Plant audits and follow up till completion
- Coordinate customer and all other third-party audits, effective implementation of corrective actions and timely closing of all open items
- Review audits observations, findings, nonconformity. Develop and implement sustainable corrective actions. Maintain complete records for both internal and external records
- In charge of HOLD program, its disposition and record maintenance
- In charge of the Pest control program
- Develop and manage associate training program, help achieve their goals and career advancement
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement as well as process improvement efforts
- Implement methods to auto-record test results for improved reliability and e records maintenance
- Follow HACCP principles and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Meet all Food, Personal safety, and Regulatory requirements
- Other duties, as assigned to support quality mission statement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Experience in the food industry preferable
- Extensive knowledge of food systems, food safety and security
- Training and experience in Food Science or Food Technology
- Certification in HACCP maintain certification
- SQF codes
- Ability to follow up and verification of effective corrective action implementation
- Ability to see the matter prior to becoming an issue
- Report to management on regular basis
Direct Responsibility for QA Supervisors and QA Staff. Indirect responsibility for all Manufacturing Staff.
Hours: 1st Shift, this role will require off shift hours, weekends and holidays.
If you have questions, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
If you need to submit a reasonable accommodation request to complete the employment application process, please call the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy