Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Highly interdisciplinary and motivated individual focused on working with discipline experts to shape complex consumer products.
Working in an agile, startup environment, the Senior Engineering Project Manager will provide oversight and direction to design and/or technical teams developing Magic Leap’s controller and accessory ecosystem.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; incorporate input from cross-functional team members
- Assist in the resolution of cross-functional issues involving these teams
- Create, maintain, and drive project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems. Implement and manage project changes.
- Prepare status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommend actions
- Work closely with product owners in defining the vision and ensuring team is on the right track
- Assist team in prioritizing, and making appropriate commitments through requirements selection and task definition
- Act as a facilitator and lead team through stage gates during the development process, while also advocating continuous improvement in quality and the process itself.
- Proactively identify potential issues; apply sound engineering problem-solving techniques to resolve
- Lead design control activity, including but not limited to requirements, risk analysis, verification and validation protocols and reports, design transfer
- Participate in metric development and maintenance as required
- Participate in process development for the teams and processes in which this person is involved
- Convene design reviews according to quality requirements and specific project needs.
- Support QA and Regulatory Affairs efforts during relevant complaint, Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA), Nonconforming Product Report (NPR) investigations and resolution
- Assist in management of headcount, budget, and purchasing activities