Software Release Program Manager
INC- Naples, FL
Planning, coordination and execution of established release management standards across all application stacks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the software release management process, including SAP, packaged non-SAP, and custom developed applications
- Manage client expectations with respect to change and release management activities. Act as a liaison between technical and non-technical staff; Communicate planned change and release activities with all stakeholders and senior management
- Organize and coordinate complex releases that comprise of cross-functional teams and a multitude of interrelated and independent application and / or infrastructure changes.
- Create, monitor and control program release schedules; track and report on program milestones.
- Coordinate and track release, change, and maintenance activities as well as interdependencies.
- Recommend process improvements for release management
- Ensure that resource requirements needed to support a particular release are in place.
- Provide on-going written and verbal release status updates to various levels of the organization.
- Serve as the key release representative in all communication, management and decision-making forums/discussions (i.e. Change Management, Readiness Reviews, Post Release Review, etc…)
- Serve as an escalation point for all issues and questions associated with a release and releases managed by other release management team members.
- Facilitate communication among Application Teams. Act as liaison between Services Areas and Application teams to facilitate and coordinate testing activities related to the validation of infrastructure changes and communication of status.
- Train and assist staff on structure, purpose, and audience of release deliverables. Coordinate discussions among Application Teams/QA Teams for technical execution of software releases.
- Standardize and enforce Change, Release and Configuration Management process flow.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience with SAP Support Stack Update Releases or SAP technical knowledge required.
- 5+ years of experience from any of the following disciplines is required: Release management, Technical change / configuration management, Project management
- Proven track record of work stream management; e.g. writing, managing and tracking against a plan
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with emphasis on release engineering functions required
- PMP certification a preferred
- Experience with ITIL-based service delivery processes, such as release management preferred
- Experience in an FDA validated environment is preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Excellent communication skills and customer service orientation
- APICS, PMP, SAP, Microsoft certifications a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends if need be) in support of Application Maintenance Releases.
- Ability to serve as the Release Engineer on call if need be. Required to provide afterhours support as it relates to Incident Management or Release Management activities if need be.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, word processing, spreadsheets, ERP, MES, PLM, HRIS, BI and CRM applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.