At Criteo we face some of the most challenging and interesting problems in the advertising software industry. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others in the industry have. Our dataset is about 40 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 30 TB extra per day), we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request and we deliver billions of ads per day.
Opportunities for you:
- Work on cutting edge technology in creating scalable solutions to support the analytics infrastructure.
- Develop technical analyses and recommendations on the latest data technologies that solve pain points in data infrastructure performance.
- Interact and support different teams with their data needs to make an organization-wide impact.
- Collaborate, propose and implement new ideas and develop tools in a flexible and open work environment.
What You Bring to the Role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- 8+ years of software industry experience in handling data problems.
- Awesome problem-solving skills and sound algorithmic knowledge.
- Propensity to carry out pragmatic and robust solutions with quick turnaround.
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Adept at performance analysis on Unix/Linux OS.
- Articulate in oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Experience working on a RDBMS.
- Experience developing in SaaS environment (Control plane or Data plane)
- Experience working in distributed NoSQL platforms.
- Fluency in Scala.
Criteo R&D Culture
- Empowerment –We believe in hiring the best engineers in the industry and then letting them get on with what they do best – designing, coding and releasing state of the art software.
- Mobility –In our Voyager program our engineers get to pick which team they want to work on for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
- Agility- We work in a fast pace environment where we build and release stuff frequently to deliver value soon and adapt to changes quickly.
- Variety –We have many ways to get your code to production including our Hackathon, 10% projects, Voyager and more.
- Multicultural –We have engineers from all over the world for you to interact and exchange ideas with.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
About Criteo [CRTO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,200 employees in 31 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serves over 13,000 advertisers worldwide and maintains direct relationships with over 17,500 publishers.
The 580+ engineers @Criteo are building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
- 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
- More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
- One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage and 30.000 cores –
- 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
- Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
- 40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
We recognize that engineering culture is key for building a world-class engineering organization. Our core values are getting stuff done, collaboration and respect, code quality, striving for excellence, and having fun at what we do.
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ US / R&D Criteo @ Global
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
Also on Glassdoor
Criteo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Criteo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Criteo employees or any other company location. Criteo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.