Location: San Francisco
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
We're looking for a hard-working and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced development team. Working at Veritas in a fast paced environment you will be working to launch new products to market. You must have a passion for operational excellence and CI/CD operations.
What you will be doing:
- Build, maintain and improve Build and Release infrastructure for multiple release streams of Enterprise Scale n-tier software products
- Design, build and maintain a secure Windows and Linux based server infrastructure
- Design and build automated deployment frameworks (CI/CD)
- Set up and maintain TFS including source code repository, build workflows, definitions and libraries
- Establish code base integrity, check-in validation rules, and branching & merging processes
- Collaborate with scrum teams to establish and maintain automated regression suite infrastructure, performance testing infrastructure and troubleshoot issues
- Incorporate and maintain static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage tools in build infrastructure
- Design, enhance and maintain automation, deployment and orchestration of infrastructure using tools like Puppet etc, for various needs like automated regression, UAT, etc.
- Manage software release activities, escrow process for main software releases, cumulative hot-fixes, etc.
- Providing capabilities (services) to allow development teams to be self-sufficient
- Design, develop, improve operational processes including automated backup and recovery procedures, security and patch management
- Create and maintain run books and operational documentation
- Driving root cause analysis and resolution
- Analyse performance and capacity for all components in the engineering lab environments
- Evaluate advancements in DevOps, new infrastructure and tools; look for ways to bring more effectiveness and efficiency
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- 8+ years of experience in Build and Release engineering, DevOps scripting, and automation
- Hands-on experience in maintaining code repositories (TFS, Git/Stash)
- Hands-on experience working with build scripts and tools such as MsBuild, Ant and Maven, Powershell/batch scripts
- Experience with Microsoft Server Technologies (Windows Server, IIS, Exchange, PowerShell scripting)
- Team player with demonstrated collaboration skills to work with IT/Lab and engineering scrum teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively work with distributed engineering teams using Agile development methodologies
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Experience in Team Foundation Server 2015, MSBuild scripting, and C# language
- Deployment of MS SQL Server 2008 - 2016
- Deployment of Java, Web Services (RESTful APIs), .NET stac
- Knowledge of email and communication systems and journaling (MS Exchange, Skype for Business) and OAuth Technologies, Azure
- Experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian) including scripting (Bash, Python)