Adobe is looking for a talented engineer to be part of a team focused on best-in-class Marketing Automation Software. This position will contribute to the process of shaping and deciding innovative technologies and solutions that make it easy for our customers to deploy and leverage Adobe’s Marketing Cloud Solutions. The individual will join the talented team of engineers working on the core platform technologies within Adobe’s cloud-based software applications. Candidates must be passionate about writing high quality software, using agile approaches, and feature-driven releases. The ideal candidate should be well versed in object-orientated programming concepts and open to learning new stacks as well as be willing to take on new responsibilities within the team as needed.
- Work both independently and as a team developing high-quality software aligning with Adobe standards.
- Design and document engineering requirements while working with product owners on customer-facing requirements and use cases.
- Collaborate on platform direction and capabilities.
- Work on issues and bugs filed by field facing organizations.
- Apply innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Be thorough and committed to quality.
- Be willing to take end-to-end ownership of projects and feature development.
- Perform other technical duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Min of 3 years of software application development. Preferably in SaaS.
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming. Preferably in Ruby/Rails.
- Must have experience building or working with restful API and common web-based communication protocols.
- Experience in defining/understanding medium to complex system architectures and design patterns.
- Experience with relational databases and model design.
- Experience creating and maintaining unit tests and continuous integration.
- Ability to research and become proficient in unfamiliar technologies.
- Passionate about computer science and software development.
- Being self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skill Sets
- Work experience in Ruby/Rails
- Git source control
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other similar databases
- Big Data Technologies (ie.: Hadoop, Hive, etc.) and NoSQL Databases
- Understand and be able to protect against common security vulnerabilities that can occur in source code
- Unix/Linux based operating systems
- History working with various development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Familiarity with common build and deployment technologies
- Familiarity with common development process (Scrum, Agile, etc.)
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to grow your career, Adobe’s the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences through the Adobe Life magazine.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.