Job ID 456236BR
Job Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
We are seeking a talented video strategist to help lead the evolution of the digital sports television viewing experience. The Director, Video Strategy, will determine and execute ESPN’s video strategy for the ESPN App, along with all aggregated ESPN video experiences on phones, tablets, game consoles and over-the-top devices. The Director will develop plans to increase video consumption by programming innovative content packages that optimize ESPN’s video inventory which includes authenticated and unauthenticated video for live streaming and video on demand content. The Director will partner with Sales to communicate content strategy and expected impact to sponsorship goals. The Director, Video Strategy, will interface with ESPN Programming, Editorial, Video Operations, Production, Product Management and Technology to ensure our most engaging and most relevant video is surfaced to fans through a deep understanding of fan behavior and content performance.
- Lead team responsible for determining the placement of video content on ESPN App and all devices where ESPN video content is consumed on phones, tablets, game consoles and over-the-top devices.
- The role is responsible for strategy, tactics, prioritization, distribution and workflow to ensure maximum consumption of video content in the ESPN App, drawing from a vast inventory of unauthenticated and authenticated video.
- The Director will partner with Sales to identify best opportunities for sponsorship through fan behavior and will be charged with making sure our resources are aligned with the interests of our fans and our business through close attention to core metrics.
- Define KPI's and measurement for audience engagement success and make both iterative, real-time adjustments based on data.
- Partner with product and editorial staff to optimize video content distribution across the ESPN App and all aggregated video experiences.
- Use analytics to determine which video content is surfaced to fans.
- Design content goals, product strategy, roadmap and vision for the ESPN App and all aggregated video experiences.
- Optimize the presentation of video content through cover art, titles and captions.
- Continuous collaboration and evolvement of strategy is a must with our partners in ESPN Programming and Video Operations.
- Strategize with ESPN Programming on the promotion of authenticated video.
- Strategize with Video Operations on the merchandising of unauthenticated video inventory.
- Work closely with ESPN Product and Technology teams to enhance content management system and video distribution tools.
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience in the media industry
- Previous digital editorial, TV production, TV programming experience -- most possess news judgment, understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences and appreciation for pop culture
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and analytical thinking
- Must demonstrate solid organization, communication, and project management skills
- Familiarity with Omniture, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Conviva or related products
- Understanding of technology, related web-authoring tools and software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Passionate sports fan
- Experience with creating or distributing video content for different devices – (phones, tablets, computers, TV connected devices)
- Understanding of the sports media rights landscape
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.Additional Information
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.