Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
1.1 Job Title: Design engineer
Actively contribute towards planning and delivering on PSE/PLCM projects within R&D Recon group at SGTC. This Role demands technical in-depth knowledge and effective delivery of projects to internal customers. You need to frequently Interface with cross functional divisional counterparts in US and vendor base elsewhere working towards product development.1.2 Reports to: Associate Manager (Recon PSE R&D)1.3 Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely and quality deliveries of the tasks assigned in PSE/PLCM project.
- Independent ownership of complete project deliverables, effective communication with cross functional team at global locations.
- Work as PD point of contact for PSE/PLCM for all stakeholders of project.
- Responsible for creating ECR, Type I ECN, drawing CA for obsoleting drawings in windchill.
- Ensure continual improvement in quality, delivering higher value services and productivity
- Review meetings with the team to monitor progress of projects and provide guidance, develop contingent plans, leading technical discussion with ability to take technical decision by their own while considering various inputs.
- Align dedicated and shared resources cross-functionally to optimize to ensure achievement of business results, acquire and develop middle to junior level resources as needed
- Managing partnerships with vendors and other entities as needed
- Communicating frequently across all project disciplines to ensure project team and senior management are aware of upcoming milestones and risks/issues.
- Develop an environment to focus on customer needs, and an organization that has advanced understanding of external and internal customers to effectively improve design quality of products and services
Technical Skill Set
- Awareness about ISO13485 and International standards, and norms
- Knowledge of Change control Procedures, Engineering/Drawing change procedures
- Good Knowledge of CAD systems would be highly desired (Wind-chill on job experience).
- Proficient in Pro-E software
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Good experience of working with multiple teams and collaborating across geographically spread multi-functional teams
- Good experience of tracking project deliverables and issues.
- Product design experience in medical devices and instrument
- Applied knowledge of project Management tools e.g. Microsoft Project, SharePoint, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal communications skills.
1.1 Desired Profile
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 4/5 years
- Minimum 2 years in similar role of project and product development