CrowdStrike’s Data Science team is expanding -- we are at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security and are looking to add a Reverse Engineering expert to our growing team. You will have the opportunity to apply your RE skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data sets to research malware defensive techniques and extract metrics suitable for machine learning. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with Machine Learning, Big Data and other Security domain experts on hard problems. We offer a fast-paced high-growth startup environment along with the safety that comes from being backed by Google Capital.
- Reverse engineer and analyze new malware strains to identify new techniques for obfuscation, evasion, or payload delivery
- Extract metrics suitable for machine learning based on analysis results
- Work closely with machine learning experts
- Work on cutting-edge research using rich and unique data sets coveted by many in the industry, which include large-scale behavioral data with billions of daily events and over 600,000,000,000,000 bytes of malware sample files at your fingertips
- A skilled cybersecurity/antivirus professional with many solved cases under your belt
- Experienced with reverse engineering modern Windows malware with a thorough understanding of Windows APIs, Windows internals, and x86 assembly; familiar with standard RE tools
- Familiar with executable file types
- An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
- Always ready to learn and step outside of your comfort zone to blaze the trail for new technology
- Comfortable to dive into a Python codebase and work alongside Data Scientists on CrowdStrike’s data pipeline
- Comfortable to work in a Linux environment in the AWS cloud
- Interested in machine learning
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.