Account Director (Big Data)
At Pivotal (www.pivotal.io), you can tackle the most challenging problems, unleash amazing opportunities, and build technologies that have real impact to business, people and the world.
Pivotal is seeking a world-class big-data salesperson with experience selling data products and/or professional services into the top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs. As an Data Account Executive at Pivotal your objective will be to manage, develop and grow existing and prospective client relationships within the DACH+NL region.
Pivotal is seeking a salesperson with experience selling Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solutions into top level CXOs, CIOs and CTOs.
Specifically, in this key role the successful candidate will be required to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Perform contract renewal activities focused on client needs
- Build excellent client relationships offering value added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- Work with existing and new customers to expand Pivotal territory coverage
- Develop long term strategic accounts as well as to meet short term performance goals
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Be the “Pivotal Ambassador” within EMC and VMWare – this involves communicating with the Country Manager, the Sales Directors and the direct and indirect sales teams, being up-to- date with market trends and positioning
- Maximize the Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solution opportunity while providing value added solutions to the customer
- Identifies, attracts and prospects new customers
- Preparation of offers and contract negotiations
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years experience in Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and Hadoop solutions
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Advanced knowledge around Big Data Analytics Platform, In Memory Technology
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer base and strong understanding of how to grow under-developed/penetrated patch
- Ability to sell the Pivotal vision to the customer and identify new services that can generate new revenue.
- Ability to build, develop and work with a partner ecosystem
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a start up environment
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, resilient with high commitment
- Goal-oriented with ability to work autonomously
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law