Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
This position manages the activities of systems development, applications development, test strategies and quality assurance functions for system enhancements and new products. Key responsibilities are to develop and manage people, provide technical leadership, lead project planning, facilitate communication, and offer product vision. Coordinates project timelines with Project and Development Managers, determines and obtains resources, assigns work, monitors progress and results, and provides technical leadership. This Manager is a champion for product quality within the department and is accountable for an assessment of product readiness and commitments on product delivery schedules. This is a first-level management position.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Act as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Ensures milestones are being met; monitor, track and make visible
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; provides input into budgeting.
- Meet with customers to communicate and review product features
- Communicates product roadmaps and project status to staff, senior management, and other product teams.
- Evaluates and reviews new technologies on their applicability to product architecture and design.
- Prioritizes product features resulting in the correct delivery of needed functionality.
- Coordinates with development service groups resulting in greater communication and higher probability of on time delivery of products.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies, especially for security products.
- Working knowledge of SSL/TLS and understand its industry trend.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams.
- Proven ability to deliver products with highest quality, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring and developing direct reports.
- Experience with QA metrics and reporting.
- Extensive experience with bug tracking and triage systems.
- Extensive experience with managing customer cases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in all written communications.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical degree.
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 2+ years leading or managing a development team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.