Lead Developer/Architect, Web/Windows
Type of Position
Lead Software Developer / Architect -- member of software development team for Web and Windows Platforms. Requires knowledge and development experience of existing and emerging Web Development standards and Cloud based Services, with the ability to rapidly code and prototype systems in a demanding fast paced multimedia environment. Be able to lead a team of software developers and ensure code is developed to architectural standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements, and/or any corresponding technical specifications and be able implement these assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Hands-on development 80% of the time, with the remaining time spent managing team and scrum boards.
- Follow any pre-defined standard development approaches establish by the team's technical lead.
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test driven development, maintaining wiki pages, code style and code group/peer review.
- Be a team player who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
- Lead a development team by assigning tasks to various team members, and ensuring completion.
- Triage and research problems, and assign appropriate team members to address them.
- Manage scrum boards and make sure the team is working towards sprint goals and deliverables.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technically related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior development position.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Passion for creating great web application software a must.
- Facilitate innovative design and find solutions to challenging technical problems through information gathering and best practices.
- Independent and able to adapt quickly to a complex fast paced environment.
- Works well with others and is a great communicator both written and oral.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work with changing and potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, often very quickly.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of cross browser nuances experienced when writing responsively designed web applications for the major browsers (IE, FF, Chrome and Safari).
- A solid understanding of MVC/MVVM/ADM and ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Utilizing web services through APIs using REST, RTMP, AMF, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, XML and more.
- Strong understanding of CSS, LESS, Sass and their best practices for use in web applications.
- Preferred experience with Node, Grunt, Jasmine, Karma.
- Test driven development (TDD), protractor experience a plus
- Git/GitHub or SVN, able to work within a multi-branched software environment.
- Used continuous integration environments like Team City, Jenkins, Hudson.
- Any experience with implementing or using the HLS standard a plus.
- Java/C++/C# coding experience a plus.
- Prior experience integrating media players within Web Applications a huge plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.