The Claim Assistant, under limited supervision, performs customer service and/or claims processing functions.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Receive new losses and verifies accuracy of information via coverage.
- Register new loss information on system.
- Perform all file updates on system as directed by claim reps/team leader.
- Register loss payments on system.
- Provide customer service to agents, insureds, clients and other customers.
- Manage low level claims, such as medical only.
- Process authorized payments.
- Input data entry correspondence into system, diaries information for claims reps and/or team leader, and prepares form letters.
- Typing, photocopying, indexing and filing.
Reports to an Operations Supervisor or to Claims Team Leader.
- 5 years previous claims processing experience.
- Strong customer service background.
- Ability to operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills including effective telephone skills.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated initiative as evidenced by the ability to self-manage, organize and prioritize work.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems and various Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook.
- Committed to high standards of behavior and performance.
May 17, 2017, 6:29:34 PM