As the Sales Lead you’ll focus primarily on supporting and motivating a team of retail associates. It will be your task to ensure Away’s brand ethos is infused into the store experience and that your team is delivering exceptional customer service. You will also help to drive performance by managing the store’s systems and people operations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, support, and develop a team of retail associates
- Onboard new hires while still coaching existing team members
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to your team and to customers alike
- Ensure that your team is providing the best customer service possible, by providing such service yourself
- Take ownership of in-store processes and operations and help define Away’s SOPs.
- Help run an efficient and growing retail business; optimize store operations and customer journey
- Be a point person for HQ counterparts and colleagues; assist in marketing events and programming at the store.
- 2-3 years experience in a managerial, customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Genuinely excited about building and managing a high-performing retail team. Comfortable getting their hands dirty!
- Top performer with the track record to prove it
- Must have a passion for people development, a knack for motivation, and a honed and mature leadership style
- Understanding of financial performance models and how to action KPIs
- Previous experience working at a start-up or a fast-growing retail company
- Previous visual merchandising experience a plus
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $2.5M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures and Accel Partners.