Job Description Summary
Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners.
The successful candidate must have some college-level teaching experience, a high level of computer literacy, and a commitment to teaching at a community college. Candidates should demonstrate (1) a mastery of their specific discipline; (2) a deep commitment to the college mission of fostering student success, achievement and persistence; (3) technology competencies as well as teaching/counseling skills and strategies that facilitate 21st century literacies; (4) the use of resources that prepare students for productive lives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or industry certification in Art, Photography, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Event Planning, or equivalent subject.
- Two years’ experience teaching adult learners and developing training materials. Professional to teach adults and Middle through High school level academic and career exploration courses.
- Ability to teach a variety of continuing education courses with diverse learners.
- Teaching courses using D2L a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high level of computer literacy including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Position Time Type
Continuing Education Management
$20 - $25 per hour
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
Varies according to class schedule
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a resume and unofficial transcript are required.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.