MECHANICAL FACILITIES OPERATOR
(PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Reporting To: Deputy Director of Maintenance Operations
Required Education: College Diploma (Valid Ontario Refrigeration Certificate) and two relevant trade licenses with experience such as Millwright, HVAC, Steamfitter, Plumber is required
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, weâ€™ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Facility Maintenance team as a Mechanical Facilities Operator. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Operate building systems, BAS and FMS to provide specified and reliable environmental conditions and utilities to (but not limited to) production, packaging, laboratory, warehouse and office areas. Document system conditions as assigned. Systems should be monitored and alarms/issues addressed where known.
2. Monitor FMS/BAS system for proper operation of equipment/systems. Respond or identify all GMP and business critical alarms within the required time frame. Provide support for trouble shooting issues, addressing related N/Cs and/or CAPA related documents.
3. Troubleshooting building systems and facilities, including but not limited to, Refrigeration Systems, HVAC, Clean utilities, mechanical, steam and plumbing in a professional and timely fashion and execute any required repairs and re-checks.
4. Execute or follow-up on preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
5. Determines impact of required work, communicates and co-ordinates major repairs with other trade staff/contractors and users to minimize service interruption. Coordinates the required scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns (facility and equipment related) and related work.
6. Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
Hours of Work:
Wednesday to Sunday afternoon shift 3:00p.m. to 11:00p.m.
Sanofi in Canada embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.