At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
About the Arlington Office
The Arlington office is a dynamic design practice focused in the markets of Health, Education, Science and Technology and Civic. Our projects are complex in nature and we are focused on providing innovative solutions to support the evolution of our client’s enterprise.
We are looking for a Sr Project Manager to work on a variety of projects and tasks as an integral member of the Arlington team. Experience with Federal Clients (NAVFAC, USACE and other federal agencies) is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In the role of Sr Architectural Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity
- Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Conduct schematic design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with other Project Managers, Project Architects and other disciplines
- Coordinate workloads with project team through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
- Work with the Controller and Managing Principal for project reviews
- Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans
- Supervise large project staffs and act as mentor for less-experienced staff
- Collaborate on and/or develop fee proposals and schedules for projects
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- 15+ years of experience
- Registered Architect
- Must be able to lead a team on projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project); Working knowledge of Revit Architecture
- Good planning and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of current trends and experience with large projects
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED is required
- Resume and portfolio are required for consideration
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- 8 years’ experience in managing projects for federal clients incl. NAVFAC, USACE and other federal agencies
- Local candidates preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
So, what are you waiting for? Come grow with us!
We believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Federal Services Arch
May 19, 2017, 3:02:45 PM