Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: This position will require you to work from our Las Vegas, Nevada office. This is not a work@home position. Will consider applicants willing to relocate to the area.
The Business Info Consultant for the Nevada Health Plan is responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, creating ad-hoc reports, formulating recommendations and providing guidance based on fact-based analysis. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures. Types of analyses include: performing sophisticated retrospective data analytics; building new and modifying existing complex models to create predictive impact decision making tools; performing healthcare cost analysis to identify strategies to control costs.
- Projecting cost increases in medical services by using analytic techniques for PMPM trending via multiple variable analysis.
- Preparing pre-negotiation analysis to support development of defensible pricing strategies.
- Performing modeling to compare various contract scenarios based on member utilization patterns and ‘what if’ logic.
- Measuring and evaluating the cost impact of various negotiation; researching the financial profitability/stability and competitive environment of providers to determine impact of proposed rates.
- Projects different cost of savings targets based upon various analytics.
- Identifies cost of care savings opportunities by analyzing practice patterns in relation to office visits, referral practices, and specialty care procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers.
- Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.