Our strong customer support team is a major reason why companies choose Heap as the source of truth for all their customer data and why our customers love us so much! We’re looking to hire an experienced Support Engineer to help our customers understand our product and make the most of their data. Our customers use Heap to make important business decisions, and you'll be on the front line helping them, by answering their emails, building reports, leading trainings, and helping with implementation. You’ll work closely with our customer success managers, sales, and product to advocate for our customers.
At Heap this means you will:
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- Become more knowledgeable about analytics infrastructure than anyone else. You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you’ll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our process. You’ll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
Within your first few months you should expect the following:
- after 30 days: You’ve led trainings for key customers, answered hundreds of customer questions, triaged and prioritized bugs and feature requests, and acted as internal support for our sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- after 60 days: You understand Heap’s infrastructure, have built custom dashboards for our customers, and are a champion at dogfooding Heap. You’ve written your first blog post to share the insights you’ve delivered internally!
- after 90 days: You know Heap like the back of your hand and can lead in-depth trainings for any person in any vertical. You’ve come up will clever workarounds to push Heap to the limits, and can help customers with every question whether it is joining data in Heap SQL or analyzing data within the UI. You can basically point to the line of code that is causing bugs, and have written your own scripts to make the support team more efficient.
Most importantly, you’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you’ll face novel situations and provide expertise every day.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, and working with various APIs
- A passion for helping people
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure
Heap has raised $13M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others.
We work in SF, can cover relocation costs, and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!