Heap has made a fundamental innovation in analytics, and companies like Zendesk and Optimizely have chosen us over more established incumbents. Our revenue has increased more than 10x in the prior year, and we’ve been cash-flow positive since May 2015. We're looking to bring on sales hires to help us scale to $100M in ARR and beyond!
We're looking for a Market Development Representative [outbound sales development] who is excited about consultative selling to Mid-Market and Enterprise prospects. You will learn about the analytics goals of prospective customers to find out if they are a good fit for Heap.
- Reach out to new prospects in our target market and get them excited about Heap
- Set meetings with qualified prospects for handoff to Account Executives
- Communicate with AEs and educate them on details of opportunities
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity and closed business quotas
- Demonstrate the value of Heap through email and phone communication
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Eager to take on more responsibility - You will be one of the first members of our sales team. As you learn more about the sales process, product, and consistently crush your number, you’ll become one of our early Account Executives.
- A strong communicator - Analytics can get overwhelming. Can you empathize with our customers, zero in on their needs, and articulate how Heap satisfies those needs?
- Obsessed with prospect happiness - You will set the stage for an effective sales follow-up.
- A fast learner - You have an analytical mindset and are able to understand and explain a technical product within a matter of weeks.
- A master of email communication - You keep the inbox at zero.
- Comfortable talking to a variety of users - Heap plays a day-to-day role for a wide range of people: engineers, marketers, product managers, designers, data scientists, and CEOs. You’ll interface with some or all of these in an organization to close deals.
- Previous inbound or outbound sales development experience [1-2 years]
- Salesforce.com experience
- Analytics or marketing tech sales experience a huge nice-to-have
Heap was in Y Combinator’s W13 batch. Soon after, we raised a $2M seed round from Ron Conway, Ram Shriram, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, and others.