As recruiter #1, you’ll be in charge of growing Heap’s engineering team.
Heap is a massive technical undertaking. Each day, we process billions of data points and power analytics for some of the largest companies in the world. As such, developing a world-class engineering team is one of the most important things we can do.
Building Heap requires exceptional engineers, which in turn requires exceptional recruiting. You’ll work directly with the CEO and engineering team to define our end-to-end recruiting process.
In particular, you will:
- Attract the best people. Sourcing will be your main priority. You'll need to be creative and analytical in building a system that attracts top engineers.
- Coordinate our interview process. Candidates often cite Heap as having the best interview process amongst all the companies they speak with. You’ll interface with candidates and use data to make sure our process remains efficient and fair as we grow.
- Design a human experience for candidates. Being data-driven shouldn’t mean we treat applicants as spreadsheet rows. Through prompt communication, honest feedback, and transparency into how Heap works, you’ll make sure we treat people well.
- Build the recruiting org at Heap. As our first hire, you won’t just shape the makeup of our engineering team. You’ll also define what the recruiting org looks like as Heap matures.
- 3+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting.
- Experience scaling a small, fast-growing technical team.
- Experience using data to drive recruiting strategy.
- Strong, natural communicator.
Heap was in Y Combinator’s W13 batch. Soon after, we raised a $2M seed round from Ron Conway, Ram Shriram, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, and others.
We work in SF and can cover relocation costs. We'd love to hear from you!