We’re looking for the founding member of our client-facing data science team.
We have access to an unprecedented amount of data due to how Heap works. Our approach to analytics means that we have a complete picture of everything our customers’ customers do within their product. We’ve barely scratched the surface of what we can do with that data.
As a forward-deployed data scientist, you’ll work with our largest clients on strategic projects to uncover insights about their users. The work you do will push the boundaries of what can be accomplished with Heap, and will feed directly back into our product roadmap.
- Deliver customer value. Learn what challenges our clients are facing, and solve their problems. Maybe a customer has a massive churn problem, and you build a statistical model to predict churn before it happens.
- Think strategically about businesses. What questions are our customers not asking that they should be?
- Publish your work. You’ll be among the first in the world to notice macro trends affecting various types of online businesses, and you’ll write reports about your findings.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in a consultative, customer facing role (management consulting, account management, etc)
- 2+ years of data science or software engineering experience.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong writing skills
- A willingness to travel to clients as needed
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others.
We work in SF, can cover relocation costs, and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!