Job Description Summary
Shanghai office is looking for candidates for full time assistant consult position
Job DescriptionJob Description
Fragomen China is currently seeking an Assistant Consultant to provide support to the Consultants & Managers. Assistant Consultant must have good multi-tasking skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. He or she must also be detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Assist Consultants and Managers in preparing for and managing visa applications and work permit;
- Prepare visa application forms, liaising with clients to coordinate for the collection of relevant supporting documents, following up progress with the immigration authority and providing clients with regular update on application status;
- Update case status in Fragomen Connect system;
- Drafts and files immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, including research information from different sources;
- Assist with review of cases and pipeline;
- Assist in photocopying, scanning & filing documents and general translation duties;
- China immigration documents for our clients at related government agencies if needed;
- Meet with clients and assist them with certain immigration formalities, including visa if needed;
- Collect and return legal documents from/to our clients if needed.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- At least a Bachelors in any discipline; Major in Law, foreign language or Human Resource is an advantage;
- Experience with some proceeding immigration, expatriate service or visa related work is preferable;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Chinese;
- Demonstrate attention to details, accuracy and the ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Solid capability with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.