The Infrastructure Procurement Function is looking for Purchasing Managers to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be an experienced procurement professional with strong understanding and proven ability to deliver Process Optimization, and Business Transformation initiatives within the procurement environment. They will work with senior leaders to help shape answers to important business issues. The incumbent will be responsible for leading cross functional teams; to support the start-up and implementation of new projects, ensure procurement compliance and lead the close out functions.
- Execution and coordination of Procurement procedures, processes, workflows, performance and productivity measurements.
- Lead effective change and improvement through the implementation of a structured and collaborative alignment of company resources.
- Work cooperatively with Business Partners, Projects and various departments to drive results - Act as a change agent to ensure support for the application of Business Process Management Improvements
- Work collaboratively with internal groups such as Ethics & Compliance, Global Financial controls to ensure projects are executing per corporate governance.
- Provide Leadership and distinctive support to identify gaps and opportunities and apply BPM framework and methodology to substantially improve performance through data collection and analysis, problem solving, feedback findings, diagnostic interviews and strategy implementation
- Work closely in a multi-disciplinary environment to drive business development and process maturity.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies through automation, systems and use of tools.
- Lead workshops, events, team initiatives, to support overall process maturity, productivity.
- Support project analysis, feasibility and business case development, to implement strategies which focus on standardization and “One Company” Global collaboration.
- Train, Coach, and Recruit: - Train and coach Process Owners, Champions, and project teams in the use of various procurement systems and processes to ensure timely implementation, conformity and completion of projects with expected internal and external customer results.
- Monitor Team and Process Performance: - Execute performance measurement strategies via the creation of dashboards or similar tools to monitor project and process performance and progress
- Monitor performance & improvements through the use of key metrics.
- Mentor Projects- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members leading complex, high-visibility projects across multiple procurement disciplines or businesses.
- Bachelor's degree with 8-10 years of experience
- Self-directed, team player with 5+ years of experience in Business Process Management leadership and implementation
- Project procurement with 5 to 8 years’ experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Has directly led the implementation and deployment of solutions
- Technical competency in process improvement skills: DMAIC, Lean Kaizen, change management.
- Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of an organization • Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Visionary with long term focus - able to see the end result.
- Ability to create an open environment supportive of free sharing of information and ideas that is also conducive to contribution, growth and achievement.
- Customer focused behavior.
- Exemplary standards of integrity, personal work ethic and continuous involvement in self education and development.
- Proficiency in Windows, Statistical Software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and simulation software.
Please be advised that this posting is in reference to future needs and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within SNC-Lavalin or its affiliates. We plan to need Purchasing Managers in our Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver offices. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please do so below.