Java Principal Sales Consultant -– Job Description
The Principal Sales Consultant for Java technologies has two equally important functions to perform:
i. Delivering senior technical pre-sales support to Sales Reps and Customers to develop and close sales focused on achieving the yearly sales quota
ii. Taking leadership for development of strategic accounts and markets to help drive future business. This includes opening up and driving new engagements with key customers, attending industry conferences and contacting possible partners and customers to identify new opportunities where Oracle Java products can deliver customer value.
The role requires a senior and fully capable technical professional with business acumen that possesses strong technical knowledge of Java and/or other embedded software systems. Energy, willingness and ability to take initiatives, assume leadership of challenging tasks and ability to work with minimum supervision are musts.
As a partner in the sales process the Sales Consultant participates in identifying and researching new customers and markets as well as in the definition of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical account management. The Sales Consultant routinely demonstrates the ability to influence technical and strategy decision makers by employing proven technical and marketing skills.
This position is responsible for Oracle's Enterprise Java products and the candidate should possess relationships with the CIO, CISO, Risk Management and IT Compliance persons in major banks, insurance and E commerce companies in the Asia Pacific region, and ideally with good relationships with public sector as well.
The Sales Consultant should have the ability to develop an acknowledged authority within Oracle and provide expert input in to the Product Development organization to guide them in development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Has or develops subject matter expertise in industry/product space as needed including knowledge of key industry leaders and management and of Oracle competition. Other needed expertise/experience includes: Presentation and product demonstration experience. Excellent communications skills. Previous consultative selling experience a plus.
· 5+ years of customer facing roles such as pre-sales, consulting or similar in Asia Pacific region
· 10+ years experience in enterprise software sales or development
· Possess pre sales relationship with CIO, CISO, Risk Management Officer with major banks, insurance companies, online trading companies in Asia Pacific region.
· Background or working knowledge of Java platforms and architecture or indepth understanding of other major IT software systems
· Ability to articulate the value propositions to Senior Management, CXO's and software architects.
· Ability to assume leadership for assignments and projects and work with little supervision
· Ability to learn and understand impact of the Oracle Java product portfolio on customer's business and to take responsibility for all technical aspects of the sales cycle including: technical sales strategy, collecting technical requirements and defining customer solutions, problem solving and problem escalation.
· Ability to translate customer business needs to a technical solution.
· Ability to demonstrate current competitive knowledge.
· Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple seniority levels within customers
· Willingness to travel to Asia Pacific customers and California HQ as needed
· BA/BS degree or higher
· Java/C/C++ programming skills a plus
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Regular Employee Hire