At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently seeking a Traffic Project Manager to work as a member of our Traffic-ITS team in Dallas, TX.
In the role of Traffic Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
· Responsible for engineering/process design, project coordination, determining and writing engineering specifications, planning work, establishing appropriate design methods, report preparation and coordination, studies and working directly with the owner.
· Project Manager will be responsible for preparation of PS&E plans including signing and striping, traffic signals, illumination, Traffic Operations studies, and ITS plans for various state and local agencies.
· Project Manager will supervise Project Engineers and EIT’s in development of traffic studies including traffic impact analyses, traffic signal timing plans, microscopic simulation modeling, macroscopic simulation modeling, and Traffic Design plans.
· Establishes client relations and is involved with marketing and contract negotiations.
· Track the financial aspects of the projects, and coordinates and adjusts the work effort with the team to ensure that the work is completed within the parameters of the agreed to schedule and budget.
· Works with a Project Controller and the Department Manager for project reviews and with company management on an as needed basis.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required.
· PE license required. PTOE certification preferred.
· 8-10 years of experience designing/managing traffic engineering projects and project engineering staff required; TxDOT project experience strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of Microstation, SYNCHRO, and VISSIM is required.
· Experience with marketing pursuits and presentations desired.
· Demonstrated leadership skills a must.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
· Local candidates preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-Texas-Dallas Full-time May 18, 2017, 8:12:12 PM