FiveStars is a rewards and marketing platform for local businesses and the communities they serve. Over 12,000 businesses across the US and Canada use FiveStars’ easy, all-in-one marketing program, and over 18 million consumers participate in the FiveStars rewards network to support local businesses. In 2016, FiveStars drove over 54 million in-store visits across its network. We have raised $105 million from credible investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator. Based in San Francisco, FiveStars’ mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship.
Our lightweight desktop client pushes the boundaries of OS integration and is at the core of our industry leading approach to loyalty, enabling us to support over 300 different brands of restaurant and retail systems. Beyond our in-store experience we provide our merchants with a powerful dashboard to monitor their loyalty campaigns, make tweaks, and directly communicate with their customers.These systems are the primary method in which merchants interact with FiveStars, and you will be on the cutting edge of developing that product experience.
If you love mentoring younger engineers, have previous technical lead experience, or if you want to grow into more engineering management, this is a great role for you.
- You will work in a multi-disciplined scrum team to plan, design, and implement new features for our merchant application
- You will evaluate application designs in regards to technical feasibility and approximate development time
- You will work directly with low-level print and graphics drivers and pipelines in various OS environments
- You will maintain a high level of quality in our desktop applications through sound development practices, including code reviews, monitoring systems, and architecture reviews
- You will drive product development on our rich web applications, enabling our merchants to make better decisions and stronger connections with their customers
- You will design for scale - our data is growing exponentially and we need new solutions to keep up with that growth
- You should love to pair program and do not mind reviewing code (maybe even enjoy it)
- You are passionate about investing in FiveStars and our culture - our values are something we live and breathe every single day
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
- Have shipped a desktop application using a traditional or cross-platform toolkit (i.e., Win32 APIs, Cocoa, Carbon, Qt, wxWidgets)
- Experience and/or interest in semantic HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with print drivers and printing infrastructure
- Experience with any automated app update system
- An interest in applying lessons from other approaches and paradigms (i.e. Functional Reactive Programming, Clojure/ClojureScript, etc.)
- Experience with our stack - Bootstrap, Angular, Django, Celery/RabbitMQ
FiveStars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FiveStars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.